Thursday, August 8, 2013

FALL?!

I sure am glad that mother nature does not know it is not quite FALL yet!!!!

One of my most favorite seasons is fall (the other spring). I do not know if it is because the kids go back to school, the yummy goodies, all the trees changing, cooler weather...I just don't know...I think if I had to chose just two it would have to be

BACK TO SCHOOL (only 10 more days!) AND YUMMY GOODIES (I love to bake)

So since it has felt a little like fall the last couple of days I decided to make today my baking day

First thing this morning I decided to make my Crock Pot Spaghetti Sauce. I know that is not baking that is cooking but we can't very well eat baked goods for dinner, even though I know I would not hear any complaining from the rest of the family! Someone has to be the adult!


Derick helped me make this it is so easy and yummy!

2 lb Hamburger Cooked (I use 1 package frozen Italian turkey Meat balls)
2 cups sliced fresh mushrooms or (6 oz) of mushrooms drained
2 can (14 1/2 oz) diced tomatoes, drained (if you like it soupier do not drain)
1 can (29 oz) tomato sauce*
1 can (12 oz) tomato paste*
2 tablespoon dried basil leaves
1 tablespoon dried oregano leaves
1 tablespoon sugar
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon pepper
1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper (I only put 1/4 tsp)


Instructions


Put meat mixture into cooker. Stir in remaining ingredients.
Cover; cook on Low heat setting 8 to 9 hours.

Additional notes
*You can use 64 oz of spaghetti sauce if using omit sugar and salt

After we started the Spaghetti Sauce the kids made chocolate chip cookies (sorry I did not get pictures of them doing it but I needed to help)



By the time those were done it was lunchtime so I took a small break and then dove into Banana Bread! Malea helped me with that! (again no pictures, I think I need to get a child taking pictures if I am too busy)



Now here's the thing I made the Banana Bread and cookies for Nick, he requested it and I just did not feel like that so I decided to make ME Pumpkin Bread...YUM, YUM!!!!!
I just made that myself.




And now we reap the reward!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment